Nav Bar Disappear

Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Try-Athletes": Friends With Benefits



So all this 'working-out' business is starting to pay off in more ways than one. First, we are feeling healthier. We are also feeling more energetic and it is a social event for us every evening because it gets us out of the house for something other than work or volunteer activities. We are seeing our bodies slim down in some ways, and in others, the fat is just migrating around but we are told that those Fat Cells will eventually get tired of migrating and will eventually leave the situation completely, as well.


In another way, though, I have found that the Try-Athlete business has started to impact my life in a more concrete way. We started building and assembling the set for our show over the past week. Hauling around set pieces, painting those pieces and just general stage work used to be different before I started being so active. I spoke about this with another girl who used to be involved with the Tri Club, and she agreed.


I didn't realize what a difference 'ParticipAction' (remember those commercials?) could make in your life. It's almost like my muscles are saying, 'Alright, what's next?' rather than, 'Sweet Lord, get 'er done, will ya!'


Getting out of the house with friends has certainly been a benefit to me. I've been hanging out with Lisa for years, and with Jenny over the past few months, and this is 'shaping up' to be a very positive year for us in terms of our health.


If you were looking for a bit of a Scandalous Tale due to the title, I'm sorry 'bout it. Thinking of something positive and catchy in terms of friends... that was just too good an opportunity to not take advantage of it.


Spring is nearly here. The flowers will eventally come up, the ground will dry and I can take my little Munchkin-Lips out for a walk again. I can't wait!


T :)


Back to the 80s @ Keyano Theatre... June 2, 3, 4 @ 7pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you dropped in. Have an opinion to share? Here is your opportunity: