Nav Bar Disappear

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's All About You

The words below are stuck in my head. There is a lot to be said for making peace with your situation and setting boundaries in your life. 


"I know about your darkness but I also see your light... You need to forgive him... Just let it go. You can't live with that hate in your heart. It'll eat you up inside. You gotta find some peace in life... It ain't about him... if you don't let that darkness go, it won't let go of you. Let it go. Let it go." 
- Brother Sam on Dexter


"There's no light in me."
- Dexter


It's easy to get trapped in the subjectivity of language. Misunderstanding one another is easy. Arguments, hurt feelings, rumours... all caused by perceived meanings.


What I mean by forgiveness and peace is the choice to deliberately remove the negativity from your life, to allow yourself the opportunity to be free, to live your life without the cumbersome weight of hatred and darkness. It's all about you.


Just let it go.


That is sometimes the most difficult thing in the world to do, especially if the situation is particularly troubling. When something is bothering you that much, there is some underlying reason for it. Like anything else, it will fester if you don't get to the bottom of it.


You can't live with that hate in your heart. It'll eat you up inside.


How true is that? 


We all have that darkness, that negativity.


It ain't about him.


Your light is the choice you make to release that negativity. It's the peace you give to yourself. Make peace for you, for your state of mind, for your health.


Earlier this year, I decided I was changing my life, and I was extending it into my relationships. If someone drags me down, I release them from my life. It's a simple equation, really. Life is too short for darkness. I want the light.


~ Allow yourself the freedom to lighten up. 
Set your boundaries.
Don't let people push your boundaries too far.
Take responsibility for your happiness.


This forgiveness and peace, for me, has nothing to do with the religious idea of forgiveness and peace. It has everything to do with making my life better by removing what doesn't work for me.


Forgiveness and peace are just words, but the idea behind them is important to me.


Let it go.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you dropped in. Have an opinion to share? Here is your opportunity: