Nav Bar Disappear

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Be Normal

Today I was asked why I couldn't be one of those 'normal writers'.


I'm not 100% sure what a 'normal writer' is, but I am 100% sure that I have never been 'normal'. Are you a 'normal reader'?


'Normal' is a funny word (say it a few times). There was a cat named Nermal on the Garfield comics (remember that?), and that's what the word 'normal' always reminds me of... which is probably completely abnormal.


Nermal, from the Garfield wiki




And I'm 100% ok with that.


If 'normal' means 'average', who in the world really wants to be average? Do you? Below average means you have to work harder to be average, and above average means you still have something to prove... you have to keep your head above that imaginary bar that people have for you, just so you can always be viewed as 'above average'. Make sense?


Seems like an awful lot of work to meet someone else's definition of normal. Whatever. Accept yourself. Love yourself. I actually enjoy writing and reading this blog, and if you saw me writing and giggling, you would realize that I am definitely not a 'normal writer' ;)


Most people settle for average. No, thanks. I'm not settling.


So I will write what I write, and I will do what I do. I'm glad you are reading :)


Some days, our journey will be funny; some days it might be serious. Read whatever you want to read. Share, if you like it. 


Some days, it might be interactive. Who knows? Does it matter, in the grand scheme of things? Be crazy.


On my Twitter profile, I wrote "Have fun. Achieve something. Do what you want. Chase whatever you desire. Live." I mean it.


I like your face and I'm glad you come back every now and then. 


Let's not be normal, together.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you dropped in. Have an opinion to share? Here is your opportunity: